Monday, December 15, 2008
Easy Gift Idea
I'm not sure if you have a list of teachers, etc. that you need Christmas gifts for, but here's a really cute idea. I had a lot of the ingredients in the house already, so it was quite easy! and if you don't want to make the cocoa mix, you can just put some swiss miss in "cone" and it still works!
Hot Cocoa Ice Cream Cones:
materials for each one-
2 cone shaped cellophane bags (cake frosting bags) *the 12 inch size*
2 clear rubber bands
hot cocoa mix
mini chocolate chips
red candy for the 'cherry'
1. Put 3/4 cup cocoa mix in one frosting bag.
2. Tie off the bag with rubber band and cut extra part of the bag off and flatten the top so it doesn't stick up
3. Place the 'cone' in another frosting bag.
4. Add 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
5. Add 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
6. Put the red candy on the top and tie with the other rubber band. then you can tie a ribbon or whatever on it too for decoration.
If you want to make your own cocoa mix, here are the ingredients for each cone:
3 T. sugar
3 T. powdered coffee creamer
3 T. dry milk
2 T. cocoa
Makes 2 9 oz. servings. Mix with hot water.
*make sure you tell the recipient how many servings it makes! the homemade mix makes 2 servings, but the swiss miss is probably more (check the package).
ALSO...the frosting bags can be a little spendy. But... if you get them at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon (printed from the website), that can really cut the cost.
anyway...thought you might be able to use this!