ok so anyway, I figured I'll write a few things out again. just...you know, the recent happenings. the hydeen happenings. yep. I just did that.
1. so the beginning of the year kinda sucked. I'm not even exactly sure why, but I was just really sad. didn't quite feel like myself, laid around a lot, crushed too much candy, cleaned on a rare occasion, and cried more than usual. I actually think a lot of it was sparked by a book I read which was supposed to teach me about being a great wife for my dear husband, and instead made me feel like the worst wife EVER in the whole entire world and like there was no possible way I could be everything he needed me to be, so I went with the obvious decision and was NOTHING that he needed me to be. not exactly sure how that made sense in my head but I went with it. still slowly climbing out of it, if I'm being totally honest. but the good news is that I"m slowly forgetting everything the book said, since that's what I do! and that probably helps the situation a bit.
2. or it might be the fact that mini cadbury eggs made their appearance for the year, and that seems to help whatever ails you, right? now, listen here. I'm full of self control when it comes to money. but not so much when it comes to portion control. So those suckers at Cadbury know how to get someone like me. I can say "no" to the giant (but actually quite small) purple bag of heavenly chocolate drops, because I"m unwilling to pay 4 bucks for a small bag that I will eat in entirety in one afternoon. BUT, they have these 69 cent mini bags with just a handfull of them inside, and I let myself buy one every time I see one. it's small, and cheap, and it's helping with "the sadness." so I figure I can't go wrong. right? RIGHT???
3. I started doing some indoor photography the last few months. It started bc I wanted to do my own pinkadink photo shoot, which could also be read that I procrastinate way too much to get prepared for a shoot with another photographer ever again like I did last year. even though it was AWESOME last year, I thought I could save myself some last minute stress and do it myself. I liked it, thought the pics turned out pretty cute, and people started asking me to do their baby shoots, etc. so I said I would! I took a photo editing class last fall, and so I bought some new editing software a couple months ago so I'd know what I'm doing when it comes time to edit the WEDDING pics I'm taking in May. Yes, I"m doing a wedding. (what!?!) but I'm so excited! so anyway, I was doing all these photo shoots, and ended up pretty happy with the pics in general, and then someone tried to print them and they were SO HORRIBLE. I thought surely it was just a problem with how they were saved or something bc the digital versions looked way way way better. anyway, I tried for like 3 or 4 weeks to figure out the problem. I stressed out so much over these darn pictures. I spent hours and hours and hours trying to figure it out. I asked 3 other photographers to see if they could help me figure it out. LONG STORY SHORT: Sara Crane is my hero. I was just whining to her one day about the problem, and how much stress it was causing me, and she googled the problem, gave me a link, I followed these totally random directions for doing who knows what, and changed a setting that the software came with, and it worked. ba-da-bing. easy as pie. I cried happy tears and then got raging mad that I spent hours in the software "help" section when all along I should have just used GOOGLE. I google things about 700 times a day, but didn't ever google that problem, since I thought I'd find the answer in the actual help tab. sooooo anyway, here's a little glimpse of the cuties I've been shooting. :) and here's the link to my facebook page if you want to check it out:
4. another new thing in recent months is that we joined the YMCA and I'm doing body pump twice a week. It's not nearly as fun as when I did a trial class with my sisters over Christmas, but it does feel good to feel stronger. I could barely move the first week, got stuck when I tried to pee, and felt like I had weighted shoulder pads in every shirt for about 2 weeks straight. but now I'm getting strong, and I even did a couple pushups on my TOES last week, which is major. The only problem? I'm gaining weight. so I decided to try and measure inches lost instead, hoping that would boost my spirits. and, um, well, let's just say....see #2 of this post. :(
5. and I'm not the only one eating candy around here either. The kids' bus driver gave them each a bag full of candy a couple weeks ago. yes, this would be the same bus driver I had a little chit chat with a while back about slamming on the brakes when the kids were doing something out of line, even if it meant just having their foot in the aisle. I HATE confrontation and it was a huge deal for me to climb up on that bus and talk to her about my concern, but I put my big girl pants on and TOTALLY humiliated my kids, but it had to be done. and now she's totally kissing my butt by giving out candy bags and friendly honking at me when she drives off after the kids get off the bus. and I'm like 'whatever, lady! just don't slam on your freaking breaks with kids inside!'
6. daycare is winding down. I have had a variety of daycare situations over the last 5 years, but Maddie (that cutie in the b/w pic up there) has been with me for 4 of them. That girl is as close to my own kid as you can get. But I always said that I wanted to stay home with MY kids (which is why I did daycare instead of teaching) and not necessarily OTHER people's kids, and Brielle is going to kindergarten next year, so it's time to be done. I'm now spending my days half-dreading and half-desiring the days in the future when I can just, like, do whatever I want whenever I want. sorta. it's like the dream from when you were a kid and you thought that's what adulthood would be like, and then it doesn't turn out that way, but then all the sudden all your kids are in school and it sorta DOES turn out that way. except for the fact that you have to figure out how to pay the bills (that's the half-dreading part), which leads me to my new job.
7. I've started sewing princess inspired fleece hoodies for a lady here in Omaha who can't keep up with her etsy shop. she has EIGHT seamstresses and we'll be super busy from Aug through Dec because apparently there are a lot of people willing to pay over $100 for a hoodie for their little girl. I'm certainly not one of them, but just in case you are, then you should check out this shop!!! http://www.etsy.com/shop/MagicPrincessWhitney?ref=l2-shopheader-name I'll be trained in Rapunzel, Snow White, Anna, Elsa, and the my little pony ones. so that will keep me super busy and give me lots of time to work on my posture since I am convinced I'll be a hunchback in a couple years if I continue to sew the way I do. so, posture practice it is! I'm not totally sure what will happen with the pinkadink during those months. I'll probably see if I can do both for a while, but if it gets to be too much I'll have to close the shop for a bit while I work on making the big bucks. :) for those of you who think my pinkaink stuff is overpriced, well, I BARELY make a profit off it so I gotta do what I gotta do for my family now, so hoodies will have to take priority. kinda sad, huh? but I am really excited for it too. We just got our taxes done for the year and I was reminded once again that nobody else in the whole world would work as much as I do for the pinkadink and get paid what I get paid for doing it. so... I"m trying to figure out what to do with that information, once again. and this gives me a chance to still sew cute stuff and get paid pretty good to do it.
ok, it's time for me to make taco soup. the kids are not impressed with the idea, and they are quite tired of me trying out new recipes. I'm actually considering starting a new blog where I just post aobut stuff I"m doing around my house, not necessarily personal stuff like I do here. and recipes would definitely be a part of that since people ALWAYS ask me what we eat. and like craft projects or DIY things that I've always wanted to do and would feel inspired if i was going to blog about it. but I don't know, would anybody even read that??? hard to know.
alright, in the words of Paco, and in honor of being TEN YEARS past our semester in Spain next month, "paz afuera."
which is a really horrible gringo translation of "peace out."